Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beijing's makeover

My last trip to old Peking was about two months ago. During that trip I was astonished that Beijing's evolution had been so extensive. When I compare what I saw in May/June 2008 to what I saw during a prior stay in July 2007, I am amazed at the makeover the city had gone through in less than a year! Beijing's roads are now lined with potted flowers and plants. Sidewalks are cleaner, buildings are shining with new decorations, and even the people of Beijing look happier. Wangfujing Avenue is sparkling with modern façades, bright billboards, and brand new sidewalk tiles! Beijing in May/June 2008 felt like a completely different place.

Vanity Fair did this article on Beijing's new look.

I am excited to get back to Beijing next week to see what they've done in the past 9 weeks! (I'm hoping to see blue skies.) I'll post plenty of photos.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.